We’re in the depths of winter and don’t get us wrong, there are a lot of good things about this season. Hot cocoa, ice skating and holiday lights make it all worth it. But we feel that there are a number of things we could simply do without… Driving in a blizzard, getting sick every other week and reduced hours of sunlight, just to name a few. Above all, we are particularly resentful to the casualty that is our skin during this season. Dryness, cracking and general irritation is nothing to cheer about. We have worked out some tools and practices that will make your skin, well less winter-y.
From our wind whipped faces to yours, this is what works for us:
- Drink more water. Lots & lots of water. Hydrate your body from the inside out.
- If you work up a sweat at the gym, dry yourself off and change into some clean clothes. The sodium left on your skin can cause further dehydration.
- In fact, while you are at the gym, jump into the steam room (if there is one) for 10 minutes. Steer clear of the sauna! We know you get enough dry heat from the century old heating system in your apartment.
- If you don’t have access to a steam room, give one of our Floral Facial Steams a try. Steaming your face once a week will do wonders for your dull skin and by opening your pores it will make your face much more receptive to moisturizing products.
- Oil is key here. If you really want to scare away dry skin you’re going to need it in a couple of ways. Mixing in some healthy fats to your diet will do wonders for your skin. Some of our favorite things to eat are avocado, coconut oil or salmon. Adding in a skincare step to your beauty routine that includes a treatment oil is just as important. Check out our Avocado & Rosehip Nourish Treatment Oil. Using this product will not only give your skin all the moisture it needs (hence the Nourish part of its name) but also defend it from that brisk February wind and further drying out.
viagra online pharmacy[/url]